Sunday, December 9, 2012

EASY ROASTED BREAD STUFFING WITH CHICKEN BREAST

Easy Roasted Bread Stuffing With Chicken Breast.  The stuffing was tasty with the chicken breast on top with some of it's juices running into the dressing while roasting.  That's what made made it flavorful.   Perfectly moist chicken too.
Today I'm fixing dinner. It's not a day where I want to spend a lot of time in my kitchen. However, I do have some bread crumbs, vegetables,and a large chicken breast. This dish is so tasty, and costs no more than $2.00 to serve 3-4 servings, if you break it down piece by piece. It's a great way to use that extra bread you might have on hand.  It's so easy to make.  I do have my powerful Ninja to do my chopping, and that alone is most of the work. If you don't have a Ninja, it's not a lot of veggies to chop anyway, it's still easy to make.  This is how I made it to the table in 30 minutes, with 3 min prep time.
All I had was a few ingredients besides the chicken breast.

Ingredients:
  • Chicken breast 1 large cut in 4 pieces slices leaving the meat on the bone. (Can use any  part of the chicken, this is what I had on hand:)
  • Bread crumbs, Seasoned 2 1/2 cups
  • Celery stalks 2 chopped
  • Onion 1/2 large or 1 medium
  • Apple 1 small
  • Raisins 2-3 tablespoons
  • sesame seeds 1 tablespoon (totally optional)
  • Water 1 cup
  • Butter or oil 3 tablespoons (I used coconut oil.
  • Chicken bullion cube 1 (I use 1 teaspoon Knorr Chicken seasoning)
  • poultry seasoning 1/2 teaspoon
Instructions:  Preheat oven to 375 F


Instructions will be tutored via photos.  Enjoy:)

Chop, celery, onions, and apples.  I used my nifty Ninja,
which processed all this in 3 short pulses.  Yes folks, that's
a total of three seconds to chop this.  Sweet huh?  I'm
still enjoying my Ninja and have definitely put it to
use every single day.  
Add to breadcrumbs, and mix in raisins and sesame seeds.
In a small sauce pan heat water, oil, bullion cube, and poultry
seasoning. Heat till dissolved and add evenly to bread crumb
mixture.  Mix well.  You want it moist, not too wet.
Top with chicken breast which has been sliced in four...
leaving to meat attached to the bone.  Cover well with
foil and bake for 12 minutes.  Remove foil and bake
another 12 minutes.  
Let set 5 minutes before serving.  This picture just does not do this meal
 justice.  Both the Chicken and the dressing came out moist and tasty.




























Okay, so now you know a little more about me...fast and easy.  In the kitchen that is:)  I also like to make food as healthy as possible using as much fruits and vegetables whenever possible.  It gives me more nutrition, as well as fiber and keeps me more in check.  Besides I believe in waste not want not.  Nothing goes to waste in my kitchen.  However, there is an exception to this rule, as this is a test kitchen, and I do a lot of experiments here.  So my rule is, if it...
looks bad,
smells bad,
You do NOT want to take the taste test.  It get's trashed fast.  Other than that, I use everything nowadays.

Well that's it for now.  If you like this recipe please check a box on the right of this blog.  Remember, as I share with you, please feel free to share with others.  Someone you know could possibly use this simple, super cheap meal.  It tastes good, and fills the belly with nutrition.  Feel free to check out my other easy recipes designed to fit a paupers budget.  Besides it will fill all those hungry bellies.  Till the next time...Many Blessings.

Sincerely,

Mary Helen

                                           










\




No comments: