Thursday, August 23, 2012

FAT-FREE ICED MANGO DE-LITE

A dairy-free, fat-free, low calorie iced mango dessert, serves 5-6, for under $1.00. 
Summer is here and the heat is on.  There are a variety of fruits in season, and mango is one of them.  I found this one pound bag of 100 % mango pulp at the dollar store. Good deal as frozen is second best to fresh.  

Anyway, I want to share this very lite mango refreshing Dairy-Free dessert.  Lite, because it has NO-FAT AND IS LOW IN SUGAR.  Besides low in calories it cost less than $1.00 to make, and serves 5-6 servings. It only takes minutes to prepare, and there is nothing artificial about this right? 

I'd say this is healthier than any other store or restaurant product similar to this homemade dessert. Where else can you really control the fat/sugar content?  Nowhere unless you pay for it in a specialty health shop.
Here is how I did it and this is what I used...

Ingredients:
  • Mango 1/3 pound of fresh or frozen
  • Ice 3-4 cups
  • Water 1 cup
  • Sugar 2-3 tablespoons ( Yes you can substitute)
  • Vanilla 1 teaspoon
  • Lemon Juice 1 teaspoon
  • Blender capable of pulverizing ice. I use my Vita-Mix.
Put all the ingredients in the blender on high, till the desired thickness is achieved. Serve immediately as it will begin to melt.  This is when the straw comes in handy.  Slurp.  Yum.

So here you have it.  I hope you like this recipe.  I am sure your loved ones will.  If you like my blog please feel to share and tell your friends about it.  I do have healthy,simple, tasty, and cheap recipes here on this site.  In this day and age, with the high cost of living, along with medical illnesses we need all the help we can get.

Thank you for allowing me to be of service.  I thank the Lord for all that I do.

Many blessings,
Mary Helen

No comments: