Wednesday, October 12, 2011

RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS (CAYENNE PEPPER)

A cousin told me the other night that his mom suffers with psoriasis. He said that he wanted to find the purest of herbs and make a herbal remedy using cannabis. I agreed with him knowing that there are at least 400 different medicinal properties in cannabis besides the well known THC. However my interest lies in the medicinal properties of cannabis. And with that I was on another quest to be of assistance. Immediately my research led me to believe I was on to something good. However, I wanted to make it better by using an herbal extract that would be somewhat volatile (hot). In searching menthols, I found exactly what I needed, and by accident at that. But because of my previous knowledge, I knew I hit it right on the nose. Folks let me introduce to you...

RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS!!

No i'm not talking about the famous group, although I saw them play several years ago in Santa Monica, Ca. and it was exciting. I am talking about the red hot chili peppers found in your local markets. It is also know as CAYENNE RED PEPPER, CAPSICUM, and CAPSAICIN. Capsaicin, is already in many over the counter medications, all over the world. They use it in teething formulas, such as orajel, and orajel extra strenth for adults. It is also in many arthritic pain relieving rubs. How could I forget such a wonderful herb? Forty years ago I put this herb on top on my herbal medication list and had included it in my article on Kitchen Medicine. Well after this week, I have it again in my Kitchen Medicine. Works great for extracts, ointments, capsules, tinctures and cooking.

I remember a book I had, it was my herbal bible written by Jethro Kloss, a very famous herbalist back in 1939. My big first impression of Cayenne Pepper is when is was used to stop the bleeding of a person who was shot by a shotgun. Amazing huh, well it gets better. I read once that taken as a cup of hot tea will stoop a heart attack. It is a natural blood purifier, as well as a natural stimulant. It is great for the heart, including high blood pressure. There are so many herbal remedies that I can only begin to tell you. Here is a list of a few...
  • rheumatism
  • psoriasis
  • arthritis
  • ulcers
  • stimulant
  • blood coagulator (will stop bleeding on cuts, ulcers, etc.)
  • pleurisy
  • kidneys, spleen and pancreas
  • lockjaw
  • yellow fever
  • coughs
  • congestion
  • sprains
The list goes on but your turn to do your homework. Google it! Investigate it! I'm just bringing it to your attention. There are so many herbal remedies that I can only begin to tell you. Besides being great for psoriasis, which is exactly what I needed to help my cousin with his mother. I plan on making an organic cannabutter including RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS. Again, I am using Ghee (clarified butter) as a base because it is best for medication absorbtion. I will keep you updated. Any questions?


No comments: